June 13th, 2013
At BE Orthodontics, we know that for most teens, the thought of having metal brackets and wires attached to their teeth for a period of time may be more than enough to delay orthodontic treatment. But thanks to innovations in technology and the recent wave of celebrities undergoing treatment, the days of “metal mouth” are all but gone. Teens today have more options than ever before, including high-tech, removable option called Invisalign Teen.
Invisalign Teen is a method of straightening your teenager’s teeth using a series of clear, almost invisible, removable aligners. Invisalign combines the treatment plan recommended by Drs. Bailey-Bruster and Carter with proprietary 3-D, computer-generated software to move your teenager’s teeth in very precise increments. Invisalign Teen is designed with “compliance indicators” that fade from dark to light during a period of time and let your child know when to change trays. And because we know kids tend to be forgetful sometimes, each aligner comes with replacement aligners in case the original aligner ends up lost or broken.
If you would like to schedule an initial consultation to talk with Drs. Bailey-Bruster and Carter to find out if Invisalign Teen is right for your child, we invite you to give us a call at our convenient Smyrna or Marietta, GA office.
June 6th, 2013
Can you believe it’s already June? Today, Drs. Bailey-Bruster and Carter and our team at BE Orthodontics thought we’d tell you June is National Smile Month, and a good time to remind all our patients to practice good oral hygiene while you are wearing braces!
Below are a few simple steps you can take to improve your oral health so that you may celebrate National Smile Month for many, many years to come:
- Brush at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss every day to clean between your teeth
- Reduce your intake of sugary foods and drinks
- Visit your dentist every six months, or as recommended
If you have questions about any of these tips, we encourage you to give us a call, ask our team during your next adjustment visit at our Smyrna or Marietta, GA office, or ask us on Facebook!
May 30th, 2013
At BE Orthodontics, we know having an attractive smile puts a spring in your step, as well as increases your self-confidence, no matter if you’re a teen or an adult. Smiling not only puts people in a good mood, but doing it often can even help you live longer!
If you’ve been hiding your smile because you have crooked teeth or gaps between your teeth, it’s time to consider orthodontic treatment with Drs. Bailey-Bruster and Carter. You’ll be pleasantly surprised to learn how quickly and efficiently today’s advanced techniques can straighten your smile! And if you are apprehensive about traditional braces, clear aligners can be a great treatment option.
Don’t hide your smile any longer. Give us a call today to schedule your or your child’s orthodontic consultation at our convenient Smyrna or Marietta, GA office. See you soon!
May 23rd, 2013
Memorial Day didn’t become an official holiday until 1971, but Americans started gathering annually in the spring to remember those who lost their lives in war during the 1860s, right after the Civil War. Celebrated on the last Monday in May, people still decorate the grave sites of war veterans and hold memorial services, but Memorial Day has also evolved into a day that signifies the beginning of summer.
During the summer months, many people take road trips to visit family members. Some head off to the airport to enjoy a long-awaited vacation far away, while others look forward to spending time with friends and family at home. However you spend Memorial Day and the subsequent summer months, there are a few things you can take care of to ensure your summertime is enjoyable.
Checklist for an Enjoyable Summer
- Have the AC Checked. During the hottest days of summer, many families find themselves sweating it out due to a broken air conditioning system. Be proactive so you can avoid waiting for hours or days because the HVAC repair person is booked solid. Have your air conditioning system checked before or around Memorial Day each year.
- Ensure Security While You’re Away. When you leave for vacation, the last thing you should have to worry about is the security of your home. Install a home security system, if possible, and put a timer on your lights so they go on and off at normal hours. You can also alert your local police department that you’ll be gone, and ask them to drive by your house once in a while to make sure everything is okay.
- Visit Drs. Bailey-Bruster and Carter Before Vacation. Many people put off school-related or annual health exams until after summer vacation. Avoid the crowds and make sure your physical and oral health are in top shape prior to vacation time so there are no unpleasant surprises.
- Plan Your Memorial Day Traditions. Whether you host a barbecue in the Smyrna or Marietta, GA area or beyond, gather for the parade, or spend time at a loved one’s grave site, plan your Memorial Day happenings in advance so those you wish to include can be there.
Our team at BE Orthodontics wants you to look forward to Memorial Day and the days of summer by preparing to spend the time safely and comfortably. As you plan ahead, take care of your health and secure your home, you can place your focus on creating memories with family members and friends while enjoying your favorite Memorial Day traditions.